Good practice to share
British Council:Young people and extremism - a resource pack for youth workers
Voter registration and promoting British values Enrolment and induction process: registering students to vote to demonstrate promoting British values through promoting democracy
Good practice guide : a brief guide to good practice for all providers
Community Cohesion. A guide to Community cohesion and the Prevent duty
Online security and advice
- Department of Education Advice about use of Social media: How Social Media is used to encourage travel to Syria
- Families Against Stress and Trauma intenet advice for parents about extremist grooming online FAST: http://www.familiesmatter.org.uk/should-i-worry/extremism-online/
The following focus on sexual grooming and bullying but many of messages apply to extremist grooming and exploitation:
- Internet matter advice for safe use of the internet :Internet matters: http://www.internetmatters.org/
- Safer Internet Safer internet: http://www.saferinternet.org.uk/
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection: CEOP –Child Exploitation and Online Protection https://www.ceop.police.uk/
- Childnet: Childnet: http://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers/hot-topics/parental-controls
Channel Panel Guidance: The Home Office guide to the Channel panels and their operation
Guidance on identifying extremism:
- Symbols of right wing extremism developed by North West Counter Terrorism Unit but applies across the UK
- How Social Media is used to encourage travel to Iraq and Syria developed by The Home Office and DfE
Guidance for families and colleagues
Prevent tragedy: Guidance for families on preventing girls from travelling to Syria
Tower Hamlets Advice to Parents on Keeping Young People Safe .pdf. This document was produced by Tower Hamlets Council and although the contact numbers relate to Tower Hamlets the guidance will apply throughout the country. It includes guidance on signs of vulnerability to exploitation in young people.
Signs of vulnerability. An ACPO document based on academic research setting out the risk factors for vulnerable individuals
Information sharing Advice for practitioners providing safeguarding services to children, young people, parents and carers, March 2015. This is advice published by HM Government in March 2015.
Adult safeguarding: sharing information: Published January 2015: Guidance on the precedures for adults' information sharing in safeguarding situations. This includes a section on information sharing protocols and powers and obligation to share information.
Counter Narrative Leaflet – What does Islam really say? A leaflet developed by a group of Mosques and Muslim scholars in Cardiff which explains what Islam really says about the abiding by the laws of the land, blasphemy, moderation and extremism.
Guidance on external speakers Brief guidance from ACPO on safeguarding for Prevent and External Speakers.
National Guidance for the Managament of Extremist Speakers - Final Pilot Version Detailed guidance for the management of extremist speakers from ACPO
Risk assessment for external speakers. An external speaker risk assessment document produced by City and Islington College, London.
Lock down procedures and guidance in case of attack
Developing Dynamic Lockdown Procedures: A government document to support the development of lock down procedures for institutions.
Stay Safe Video and guidance: National Police Chief 's Council: Advice for the public on the steps they can take to keep themselves safe in the rare event of a firearms or weapons attack.
Run, Hide,Tell leaflet: National Police Chief's Advice for the public on the steps they can take to keep themselves safe in the rare event of a firearms or weapons attack.