This area is for all leaders and managers.
Leaders and managers have a duty to ensure that all staff including leaders and managers:
- have undertaken training in the Prevent Duty
- are aware of when it is appropriate to refer concerns about students, learners or colleagues to the safeguarding officer
- exemplify British values of "democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs" into their practice
Leaders and managers have a duty to:
- ensure that their institution has policies and procedures to implement the Prevent Duty in place and these are implemented as appropriate
- ensure that if the size of an institution warrants this there should be management and co-ordination arrangements to share information across the relevant curriculum areas, with a single point of contact for operational delivery of Prevent-related activity.