The Prevent Duty and Safeguarding
All FE providers have a duty to safeguard their students, Prevent is about safeguarding our students to keep them both safe and within the law. The Prevent Duty is not about preventing students from having political and religious views and concerns but about supporting them to use those concerns or act on them in non-extremist ways. Providers from across the sector will find resources here to support them in adopting the Prevent Duty.
New resources and training from the Education and Training Foundation
- Prevent online training modules
- The Provider Access System
- Unison advice to members - see other organisations section
Prevent duty two day workshop for Safeguarding officers.
Download the agenda: Agenda: Prevent for Safeguarding Officers. Please note the Prevent for Safeguarding officers two day workshop is open to all post 16 providers including 6th form colleges. Please ignore the generic information on the booking system when booking Prevent support and training.
Click on the relevant link to register:
- Prevent duty for Safeguarding officers: two day workshop: 1st and 2nd June in Nottingham
- Prevent duty for Safeguarding officers: two day workshop: 20th and 21st July in London area: venue to be confirmed
- The two day workshop is also available as an inhouse option
- In-house one to one consultancy or bespoke Prevent duty training eg British values and the curriculum and challenging extremism. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information